Please to enjoy our weekly round-up of news about books for kids.
- Researchers in New Zealand call for greater diversity in the types of parenting partnerships depicted in children’s books.
- Mario Lopez has authored a kids’ book that will be released in September. Unfortunately, it is not titled Hey, Preppy!
- E.B. White’s biographer claims to have found the spider that inspired Charlotte in Charlotte’s Web. Not quite as exciting as the recent Faulkner plantation diary discovery, but still pretty cool?
- Interactive books have come a long way from those annoying “push the button to hear some robotic noises” jobs that I had as a kid. Now you can get them complete with in-book puzzles for your iPad. Not sure they’re any less annoying, though.
- The University of Southern Mississippi’s de Grummond Children’s Literature Collection is hosting an exhibit of original Maurice Sendak artwork, beginning July 9. After all, there has to be some reason for people to live in Mississippi.